Pack Masonry is a family run business offering traditional stonemasonry services and stone supply to the construction industry and private individuals around Bath, Wiltshire, Somerset and the local area. Brothers James and Nick Pack work with a team of highly skilled and time served stonemasons with over 30 years’ experience of working on many prestigious projects.
Having recently invested in a versatile production facility in Bradford-on-Avon Pack Masonry can supply natural Bath Stone ashlar and worked stone for a wide variety of projects large and small in Bath and the surrounding areas. Stone can be cut to customer specified dimensions and by transporting the stone directly from the yard to site, your costs will kept to a minimum. We offer several types of natural stone:
- All local Bath Stone
- Portland Stone
- York Stone
- Forest of Dean Stone
- Cotswold Stone
James Pack, Company Director
I started work as a stonemason when I left school in 1985. I completed my apprenticeship with Ernest Ireland Construction and the City of Bath College and finished with an Advanced Craft Certificate in Masonry.
Initially I worked with lots of local firms gaining experience, and then when the economic climate changed I worked across the North of England and the South East which enabled me to work with different materials and learn different practises. I have worked on many prestigious projects including Tower Bridge and Windsor Castle where I was involved in making the cases for the crown jewels as well as other big projects in London.
My love of my home town was always going to bring me back, so when the climate allowed I came back and have been involved in many projects that are familiar in the local area: numerous projects on the Royal Crescent, new builds on Bartlett Street in Bath and I was part of the team that restored St. Catherine’s Court on the outskirts of Bath. I have also been involved in many extension projects in and around the Bath area.
After many years in banker shops and then fixing gangs, things evolved into me running a business and I started up a masonry company with a partner which ran for 7 years. Eventually my circumstance changed and I set up Pack Masonry Ltd in 2014 with my brother Nick.
Maritza Becker, Company Secretary
Nic Pack, Yard Manager
Since Nic finished his apprenticeship as a stonemason in the very early nineties, he has worked on some very prestigious contracts including Windsor Castle, Admiralty Arch, Liverpool Street and St Pancras Stations to name but a few.
He has extensive management experience on and off site as well as management experience in logistics and warehousing. Nic is a key member of our team and is very customer focused and a very helpful and approachable member of our team.
He is a very keen local rugby fan and enjoys helping out coaching the minis at his old club Oldfield Rugby.
Why Pack Masonry
- Supply of natural Bath Stone ashlar and worked stone
- Bath Stone sourced directly from local quarries
- Accurate and well-maintained saws cut stone to customer specified dimensions
- Primary and secondary sawing
- Experienced banker masons carve stone by hand to produce simple or intricate stone items
- Site masons experienced in stone fixing and in lime mortar and traditional stone repair techniques
- Experience with new-build ashlar work and stainless steel structural systems that are widely used in modern architecture to enable stone to span large openings
- Expertise in stone restoration of Listed Buildings
- Listed Building and English Heritage Approved stone cleaning systems
- Design using CAD
- Extensive knowledge of setting out procedures
- Paint removal using specialist equipment and methods
- Stone carving and stone turning to produce all aspects of architectural masonry including cornices, columns, caps, bases, sills, window surrounds, fireplaces, door canopies, letter cutting
- Consultancy services